Wednesday, April 22, 2015

The English Tea Room & Coffee Bar

Wake up in the morning, water heater not working! Argh!!! Let's have a refreshing cold water bath before heading to my english breakfast place.

I'm not sure only me or this is true, i find that is quite hard to get a proper western breakfast place along Pantai Cenang. So far i only spotted 2 and today I'm heading to one of it which looks more country feel.

Looking at the outside of the shop, not a very attractive shop and looks a bit running down. Maybe due to all year expose under the hot sun. The waiter open the door and greet me Good Morning, the moment i step into this shop, the feel is totally different with it outside. Wooden furniture, floral printed table cloths and small sofa corner to relax. All their deco relate to UK and overall feel very Britain.




Well, all the staff here are very friendly and polite. Really a good place to start your morning with warm greetings and sunny smile. Looking at the menu, 'English Breakfast Set' that is what i looking for! You can choose either 5 sides for RM 22 or 7 sides for RM 25. I took 5 sides due to i do not like grilled tomatoes and baked beans. This breakfast set comes with drinks (Coffee, Tea or Orange Juice). They are one of the restaurant recommended by tripadvisor as well.Their smoothie/milkshake seems one of the signature as well but I'm too full to order that as well.

While waiting for my breakfast to be ready, i look around this little shop and try to enjoy the environment here. Am i still in Pantai Cenang or I'm at somewhere else. The feel are totally different with the Britain wall photos, curtains and most classic is the music! You must be very curious what music that makes me so excited. Well, for people at my age will definitely enjoy and miss it so much. They play all the boy band songs. 98 degree - I do, Back Street Boy, the boy bands who kill all of us in a blink of eyes. I'll never break your heart, As long as you love me and many more! All this really make my mood relax and recall the old days which less complicated, simple yet happy.

After 10 minutes recall of young time and laugh at myself, my breakfast is here!
Nothing too special compare to what you used to eat in KL. But for Langkawi, this English breakfast can consider one of the precious. I don't think is easy for you to find breakfast like this. Even tho their salted mushroom is not wild mushroom and that make me a bit disappointed but sometimes... something imperfect in life make the whole thing perfect. Mushroom not as expected nice but somehow it make the rest more tasty and precious. But to be honest, April is a low season in Langkawi and very risky for them to keep the easy expired wild mushroom just to fulfill my crave. Food or life, there will be disappointment and imperfect and make your life more perfect. Not to be too negative when you feel disappointed. Try to look at it at different view and you still can get what you want in future, just not this time. =)

Date : 23rd April 2015, Thursday (Sunny)
Venue : The English Tea Room & Coffee Bar
Location : Cenang Street (Opposite McD / Zon Duty Free)

No comments:

Post a Comment